List:       snap-users
Subject:    (KAME-snap 9432) Re: test-tool for IGMPv3 and MLDv2
From:       SUZUKI Shinsuke <suz () alaxala ! net>
Date:       2006-04-27 1:33:28

Hello John,

> I've managed to download the IGMPV3-MLDV2 tag from
>     :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.kame.net:/cvsroot/kame-freebsd-current
>
> Two questions:
>    1) the conf file in the i386/conf is only GENERIC, can I assume
> 	that IGMPv3 is included in this build?  In the 6.0 release
> 	there was an IGMPV3-MLDV2 conf file.
IGMPv3 is not included by default. So please include
       options IGMPV3
in your kernel configuration.

>    2) Is there a test tool, like mtest, which will interface with the
> 	IGMPv3/MLDv2 process?  I used to use 'pmsft' in an older
> 	version of FreeBSD, but that will not compile which this release.

Test tool is not included in the above branch.
Please use pmsft or mcastread in http://sourceforge.net/projects/mcast-tools/.

P.S.)
Regarding pmsft, could you please report the detailed error message to
the bug report page in the above URL?