List:       snap-users
Subject:    (KAME-snap 8986) RTADVD in KAME
From:       Tiago Sousa <tmas () dei ! uc ! pt>
Date:       2005-03-17 19:18:03

Hello to all

I trying to set up an HA using freeBSD5.3 and one of the latest releases
of KAME snap.
After i configure SHISAD i see that two rtadvd daemons are running. When
i make ps -aux | grep rtadvd the output shows these two daemons:

rtadvd -m xl1
/usr/sbin/rtadvd - (something i can not see, i guess -m xl1)

Both the rtadvd.conf files are equal.

Aren't they in conflict? Which one is generate by kame/shisad?

I had configured all in /etc/rc.conf, namely the location of the rtadvd
daemon to be used: /usr/local/v6/etc/rtadvd.conf.

I am saying this because the mobile node can't receive data when it
stands in his home network until i kill the rtadvd daemon
(/usr/sbin/rtadvd). If i make an handover to a foreign network and then
return to home network the mobile node can not receive data anymore. In
the foreign network the situation is similar, the mobile node only
receives data if the last rtadvd daemon was killed. The difference is
that when the mobile node returns to the foreign network it can receive
data in contrast to what happens in home network, where the mobile node
only receives data one time after the killing of the rtadvd daemon.

Too confused? The important to me is two know is these two daemon are in
conflict and if it is normal that both are running?

Any sugestion?

Thanks for any help.

Tiago