List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [SMARTY] Recommend a CMS?
From:       "Dark Siren Sally" <darksiren () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2004-06-11 2:39:14

I'm looking for a good CMS for my site. The first one I downloaded was
PostNuke, as it seemed one of the most popular, but I was disappointed by
the lack of a templating system for the themes. *shudder* Embedding HTML in
PHP is even worse than the other way around! I just recoil at those sort of
coding practices.

I understand that PostNuke seems to be developing a templating system
(Xanthia?), but then I remembered Smarty, and wondered whether anyone could
recommend a CMS program that actually uses Smarty as a templating system.
I've used it on my site for quite a while, but am getting too busy to edit
templates and things from home... I'd like to be able to update my whole
site on the web.

So far I've looked at XOOPS... haven't downloaded yet, though. I'd
appreciate any comments and suggestions people might have for a CMS, other
than writing one myself (I simply don't have the time for that).

Thanks! :)

Sally