List:       smarty-general
Subject:    Re: [SMARTY] i18n
From:       Hans Deragon <hans () deragon ! biz>
Date:       2004-01-05 15:37:05

Florian Mueller wrote:
> To Everybody
>
> My question is, if there are some plans to include multible languages in smarty.
>
> There would be a Tag {i18n}red{/i18n}
>
> and a File
>
> messages_us.xml
>
> <messages>
>   <message name="red">red</message>
> </messages>
>
> messages_de.xml
>
> <messages>
>   <message name="red">rot</message>
> </messages>
>
> Is there planed something like this? Someone knows?
>
> kindly regards
> Flo

Greetings.

   I created a plugin named i18n at http://smarty.incutio.com/?page=i18n

   It is different to what you propose.  Essentially, the different languages
text are within the .tpl file, not in seperate files.  I prefer it this way, but
your way is also valid.  Both should be available and people could choose the
best solution that answer their needs.

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.     Open source: