List:       smarty-general
Subject:    Re: [SMARTY] i18n
From:       Gabriel Birke <birke () kontor4 ! de>
Date:       2004-01-05 15:31:02

Not exactly as you described, but there ARE i18n functions for Smarty.

You can try the gettext function for smarty:

http://smarty.incutio.com/?page=SmartestSmartyMultilanguageSupport

It's not bad but has some quirks (quotes, tags) and shortcomings (no
easy way to insert vars into localized string - as described in the
"best practices" in the gettext manual)

Or you can try the Localizer plugin (haven't tested this):
http://smarty.incutio.com/?page=LocalizerPlugin

Am Mittwoch, 31.12.03 um 15:58 Uhr schrieb Florian Mueller:

> To Everybody
>
> My question is, if there are some plans to include multible languages
> in smarty.
>
> There would be a Tag {i18n}red{/i18n}
>
> and a File
>
> messages_us.xml
>
> <messages>
>   <message name="red">red</message>
> </messages>
>
> messages_de.xml
>
> <messages>
>   <message name="red">rot</message>
> </messages>
>
> Is there planed something like this? Someone knows?

With best regards

Gabriel Birke

--
KONTOR4_Neue Medien