List:       smarty-general
Subject:    Re: [SMARTY] Coding style??
From:       Gabriel Birke <birke () kontor4 ! de>
Date:       2003-10-10 15:06:43

I don't know if this is good or bad coding style or if this style
affects performance (although I think it does increase the amount of
RAM needed).

I would rather only display main.tpl and build main.tpl like this::

{include file="head.tpl"}
{include file="nav.tpl"}
..
{include file="foot"}

Place the includes where the variable names were.

The number of templates used is okay, because you don't have to browse
through 100+ lines of template code when you want to change something
in the footer etc.

Am Freitag, 10.10.03 um 16:46 Uhr schrieb JohannesF - Poeter.se:

> Hi all of you, I hope you can read this, my english is kind of poor...
>
> But I need advise about coding style and use of SMARTY. Here I have
> posted a
> sample of code where I use lots of templates that in the end all is put
> together i a main.tpl that display the page.
>
> Is this yau of using SMARY bad? I mean, insted I could use lesser
> tempaltes
> to display my page. And for example insted use include. In this example
> there are lots of fetching from the db, that migth bee bad for speed.
>
> Please sort it out for me, I need som clue on a good coding style for
> SMARTY!! thank you and have a good weekend.
>
> 	/ JohannesF
>
> ---------------------------------
> require_once 'setup.php';
>
> $smarty->assign("head", $smarty->fetch('db:head.tpl'));
> $smarty->assign("foot", $smarty->fetch('db:foot.tpl'));
> $smarty->assign("nav", $smarty->fetch('db:nav.tpl'));
> $smarty->assign("campain", $smarty->fetch('db:campain.tpl'));
> $smarty->assign("sponsor", $smarty->fetch('db:sponsor.tpl'));
>
> require_once 'nav_page_load.php';
> $smarty->assign("nav_page", $smarty->fetch('db:nav_page.tpl'));
>
> $smarty->assign("page", $smarty->fetch('db:textpage.tpl'));
>
> $smarty->display("db:main.tpl");

With best regards

Gabriel Birke

--