List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    Re: [SMARTY-DEV] Re: [SMARTY] RFC: config-booleanize
From:       Thomas Lutz <schnirkel () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-02-12 22:42:01

Katana wrote:

>  > I consider the current (the one of 2.6.1) behaviour a bug which could
>  > be fixed easily. But while we're at it: Wouldn't it be most intuitive if
>  >
>  > foo = "yes"
>  >
>  > would'nt be booleanized (to true) and only
>  >
>  > foo = yes
>  >
>  > would be?
> Makes more sense yes. If you add the quotes, i think you ask for a string.

same for me. although we could start to discuss wether to make a
difference between single and double quotes... like php.

so:
foo = "yes" -> bool
foo = 'yes" -> string

php:
$shalala="world";
echo "Hello $shalala !";
echo 'Hello $shalala !'

but for the average user, it's the best solution to make a string out
of both, i think.

tom

p.s. for Muhammed Mamedov (sorry, didn't want to send two mails):
using globals to get GET ... think of setting register_globals to off
and use $_GET, or $HTTP_GET_VARS if you use an older php version
(<=4.0.6). two years php developer or not, that's really a basic
security issue...