List:       slide-user
Subject:    PropFindMethod failure in WebLogic Cluster
From:       "Kiran Patchigolla" <Kiran_Patchigolla () hyperion ! com>
Date:       2005-05-20 0:21:00

We are unable to work with the PropFindMethod when we cluster two slide
instances in Weblogic.
Rest of the WebDav methods seem to be working fine, however we get a
SocketTimeoutException when we try the PropFindMethod. Seems like the
request.getInputStream call is timing out. This works fine if the Webdav
client is talking directly to the individual node.

We are pursuing to see if it's a weblogic issue, however the strange
thing is if we test with a simple servlet that serves a http call, it is
able to retrieve the body of the request using the
request.getInputStream.

Has anyone encountered this issue? It happens both in Slide 2.0 and
Slide 2.1

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.PostInputStream.read(PostInputStream.java:133)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInputStreamImpl.read(ServletInputStream
Impl.java:168)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.logger.XServletInputStreamFacade.read(XServletIn
putStreamFacade.java:50)
        at
weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$RewindableInputStream.read(
XMLEntityManager.java:3408)
        at
weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManage
r.java:847)
        at
weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(XMLEnti
tyManager.java:782)
        at
weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDoc
umentScannerImpl.java:260)
        at
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.j
ava:499)
        at
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.j
ava:581)
        at
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
        at
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser
.java:1175)
        at
weblogic.xml.jaxp.WebLogicXMLReader.parse(WebLogicXMLReader.java:135)
        at
weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryXMLReader.parse(RegistryXMLReader.java:138)
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:370)
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:684)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.method.AbstractWebdavMethod.parseRequestContent(
Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.method.AbstractWebdavMethod.parseRequestContent(
Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.method.PropFindMethod.parseRequest(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.method.AbstractWebdavMethod.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.service(Unknown Source)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Se
rvletStubImpl.java:971)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:402)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:28)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
27)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:139)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.r
un(WebAppServletContext.java:6356)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
bject.java:317)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118
)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServl
etContext.java:3635)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.
java:2585)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)
22-Apr-2005 19:01:55, /files/Projects, PROPFIND, 500 "Internal Server
Error", 30014 ms, %v

If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender as \
soon as possible. The contents of this e-mail may be confidential and the \
unauthorized use, copying, or dissemination of it and any attachments to it, is \
prohibited.

Internet communications are not secure and Hyperion does not, therefore, accept legal \
responsibility for the contents of this message nor for any damage caused by viruses. \
The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion.

For more information about Hyperion, please visit our Web site at www.hyperion.com