List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    Re: [Sisuite-users] mkautoinstalldiskette problem
From:       Ari Jort <arijort () speakeasy ! net>
Date:       2003-08-07 14:28:58

Doug,

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:30:36AM +0100, Irvine, Doug - Resources - ICT Services wrote:
> I hope you can help me.

Show the command line that you are using to invoke mkautoinstalldiskette.

It's likely that the image you're trying to put down on floppy
is too large.

Trying writing the disk image out to a file instead of /dev/fd0
which is the default.  Then you can check its size and report back
here.

I'm assuming you're trying to create a custom image and the content
you're put in is too large.  Try removing some stuff from your
image.

> /usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd.img is readable. I have
> checked using the mount command that the floppy disk is mounted when the
> script is running. I just can't figure out why the script won't copy the

Aha, that might be it.  The floppy should not be mounted when you do this.
Try umounting the floppy, then run the command.

ari

--
Ari Jort
arijort@speakeasy.net