List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] Routers and Failover (Re: FYI,
From:       Sidewinder moderated discussion list <sidewinder () adeptech ! com>
Date:       2007-02-14 17:33:22

>>>	The "solution" is to clear the arp cache on the router.
>>>   Yeah, that will come in handy in the event of a failure....
>>>   (I don't think the entries will even timeout--as long as
>>>   there are packets coming through the router it keeps the entry 'fresh'

>>>   and just sends them on their merry, but incorrect, way.)

Yeah, that is what we found we have to do.  Sigh.  (But it is nice to have
confirmation from someone else that we aren't going nuts).

SC:  If you are listening, this is a BIG problem.  It may not be
Sidewinder's fault, but your customers are suffering!  Time to open up a
dialog with Cisco about it?

JRJ