List:       sidewinder
Subject:    Re: [Sidewinder] Blocking DNS lookups to paritcular domains
From:       Sidewinder moderated discussion list <sidewinder () adeptech ! com>
Date:       2007-02-14 13:50:20

What we have done on several occassions is make the firewalls
authoritative for the specified domain. This can be accomplished through
the GUI or at the command line. Once the firewalls are authoritative for
this domain, they have no reason to pass the request anywhere.

Then we make a www record {or record for any known "bad" sites within
that domain to point them at a capture web server on our network. When
someone gets to this capture web server they are given a page but their
IPs are logged and our Infrastructure Security department is notified of
a possible issue.

But, and this is the problem, there are multiple legit sites that are
through 2mydns.com, which means you will also terminate access to them.