List:       sidewinder
Subject:    Re: [Sidewinder] DNS Best Practices Question
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-12-04 9:05:03

With regard to the UDP proxy latency issue -- it must be ACL checked for
the first hit to that site's server.  Once the rule is checked, is it
cached for that IP, maybe?  So subsequent lookups at that server would
be allowed right away.

I saw the following in my "cf acl q":

    acl set loglevel=2 cache=1

This would imply a caching issue with ACL's perhaps.  But your assertion
about this not being a DNS caching isue is right.

--HA