List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] VPN Audit logs
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-06-21 16:06:11

> I notice the following VPN audit log messages when I run
> "showaudit -vk":
>
> 1. QUICK_MODE exchange terminated - Kernel Expired IPSEC SA
> 2. AGGRESSIVE_MODE exchange terminated - Exchange Expiration
> 3. QUICK_MODE exchange terminated - IPSEC SA deleted by remote
> 4. MAIN_MODE exchange terminated - Exchange Expiration
> 5. QUICK_MODE exchange terminated - QUICK
> 6.  information: AGGRESSIVE_MODE exchange terminated -
> Exchange Expiration
>     [detailed error]      Received NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN notify
> message from
> peer
>
> Assuming the settings on the firewall and on the client were
> correct, what
> are some of the reasons these messages might occur. (e.g. due
> to hardware,
> network, etc.)
>

> This message has been scanned by Webshield!!
When the client tries to negotiate a connection it may try one or more
proposal, sometimes this will generate messages about negotiations
timing out or mode exchanges terminating when the unusuable proposals
fail. It's possible that's what some of these messages are.

Dan Sichel
Network Engineer
Ponderosa Telephone
daniels@ponderosatel.com (559) 868-6367