List:       sidewinder
Subject:    RE: [Sidewinder] VPN configuration
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-04-05 17:42:14

I have a couple recommendations for this.  The first is to terminate the VPN
in a burb of limited trust (virtual or some safe DMZ maybe).  You only need
ONE security association (SA) to do this correctly, but your policy will need
to include both destination networks in the "local network/ip" area of the SA
to be defined.  The remote end should be capable of doing this as well.  Once
you have that much, you will also be able to restrict/allow ports/networks
with your security policy.