List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: [External] Re: Activation Conditions and AbstractAttributePredicate warning after IDPv4 Upgrade
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2020-12-09 18:09:15

Just due to the bizarreness, I tried and failed to reproduce this. The only scenario \
I could imagine causing this to warn on *startup* would be metadata.

When it decides EntityAttribute extensions in the metadata (this is automatic, they \
just have to be there), it will run any transcoders it finds against them. For this \
to happen, the name of the EntityAttribute in SAML has to line up with the name \
you're encoding the resolver AttributeDefinition *into*, because that reverse maps \
into a possible decoder to run, at which point it will evaluate the condition and of \
course there's no attributes to even look at for that condition, it's not a normal \
situation.

So...that'd maybe be my guess. That wouldn't be an inaccurate warning at all. And it \
would be new with V4.

-- Scott

--
For Consortium Member technical support, see \