List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: Yahoo Account Security
From:       Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka <mfrd () attitudex ! com>
Date:       2002-04-30 20:39:29

Yes it will work, He can even make a bash script to keep greping that particular JPEG \
or HTML file in access_log, and If the condition is true then probably Email him on \
some other email address he has, and as well as send the notification with I.P in \
subject to his cell phone company provided email address which are something like \
4040948*number@cellphoneprovider.com. Which actually send email notification via SMS. \
In such a way he can probably setup a trap and shit. Goodluck Tony =)

Regards,
---------
Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

Chief Technology Officer
Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
web: www.gem.net.pk
voice: 92-021-111-GEMNET

Chief Security Analyst
Applied Technology Research Center (ATRC)
web: www.atrc.net.pk
voice: 92-021-4548323, 92-021-4546077

"Great is the Art of beginning, but Greater is the Art of ending. "

--- "Laurence Brockman" <laurence@fluxinc.com> wrote:
> Why don't you send an email message to your yahoo account with some embedded
> html (or JavaScript?) in it (Such as a pic on your home server or
> something).... or some friend that has apache running. Pick out a picture
> that no one else will ever load, and wait for him to open the message. You
> should get a line in the apache access logs with his source IP address...
>
> Not sure if this would work, but it might be worth a shot.... anyone with
> more experience with HTML email stuff think this would work?
>
> Laurence

[ATTITUDEX.COM]
http://www.attitudex.com/