List:       secure-desktops
Subject:    Re: [Secure Desktops] "Secure" OS meeting?
From:       ng0 <contact.ng0 () cryptolab ! net>
Date:       2017-04-12 11:17:49

intrigeri transcribed 1.9K bytes:
> Hi,
>
> Joanna Rutkowska:
> > I suggest the meeting should be an invite-only gathering, in order
> > to minimize distractions.
>
> Fully agreed!
>
> Tails, Qubes OS, Subgraph OS and Whonix contributors are obviously
> invited. I suggest we all ask our team who wants to be in the loop,
> and then bring them all to a private, dedicated mailing list.
>
> Some OpenXT (http://openxt.org) people are also interested. I'm not
> familiar with this project so I'll let other list members tell us how
> they think OpenXT would fit into this meeting (mostly, I want to avoid
> that OpenXT people attend with some expectations that turn out
> wrong :)
>
> Is there any other "secure" OS project that should feel free to invite
> their contributors?
>
> >> * Invite a few people from upstreams and related projects, such as
> >>   Debian, GNOME and devops / automated testing people, who can
> >>   provide useful input… and be excited by the great work we're doing.
>
> I suggest we work on building this list via the aforementioned
> dedicated mailing list, once it exists and has the right
> people subscribed.
>
> Meanwhile, so that the info is not lost, on my records a few people
> already expressed interest in joining:
>
>  - Conor Schaefer <conor@freedom.press>
>  - Trammell Hudson <hudson@trmm.net>
>  - Ola Bini
>
> Cheers,
> --
> intrigeri

Hi, sorry to bump right into this.

Depending on the location of the southern country, one of us
(pragmatique) could consider making their way to the meeting in case we
are invited. I don't want to sound pushy with this.
Basically we are two people at the moment, and some passive, not yet
active, interested readers.
I handle everything right now except the server infrastructure administration
part, which is shared with another project and sharing the load 50/50.
So bootstraping a non-profit organization, long term planing,
investments, developing, public relations, roadmap ideas, ideas beyond
just the OS we develop, etc.
I think most of you have been there and done that in the past.

For introducing ourselves, our efforts, intentions, and to basically get
known to other projects with comparable efforts. I express my interest
in joining for pragmatique (https://pragmatique.xyz).

Regards,
ng0
--