List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: PLEASE HELP
From:       David L Cassell <davidlcassell () MSN ! COM>
Date:       2006-04-25 5:06:11

fberenice@GMAIL.COM wrote back:
>Fisrt of all thanks for your help I appreciate it.

Well, thank you for being polite, since I obviously came across as grouchy
and heavy-handed.  Oh wait, I *am* grouchy and heavy-handed.  :-)

>Second of all I asked a second time not because I wanted the answer
>right away but because I thought that indeed the tittle I put on my
>message was not so informative of what I wanted, therefore I repeated
>my message with a new title like the one you recomended.

Well, that's good.  We often get impatient authors who haven't heard
back in a few hours and want some feedback, and I mistook you for
one of them.  My bad.

>I didn't know we weren't suppose to do something like this and that
>somebody could get upset because of it.

Well, sometimes people do get upset about it.  Mostly that means in
SAS-L that the poster wouldn't get an answer from that upset person,
and so might miss out on the most relevant reply.  In other mailing lists
and newsgroups, it might mean that the original poster would be
burned to a cinder, then trampled mercilessly.

>Third I thought this was a group where people help each other and not
>necesarily wait for somebody in particular to help them, I didn't know
>there were times and days when you can and cannot ask a question
>because you can upset somebody.

Sorry, I was being metaphorical.  I meant that a poster can't rush
people to answer his/her message.  People read posts and reply to
them.  It sounded like you were in a big rush, and I wanted you to
realize that you couldn't rush people to check their mail.

>Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.

No inconveniece.  Sorry I came across as such a horse's <bleep>.  I
try to keep my comments at 'curmudgeon' but sometimes the setting
gets maladjusted.

David "Ours goes all the way up to 11!" Cassell
--
David L. Cassell
mathematical statistician