List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: winzip question
From:       Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton () FIRSTHEALTH ! COM>
Date:       2004-12-31 21:18:46

"Santosh Kothamasu" <santosh991@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>How do I accomodate UNC paths in SAS?

The error message about UNC paths comes from Windows, not from SAS.

>Also, can the file be in different folder than the wzzip?

I don't know which file you're referring to when you say "the file":
there are three files listed on the command line, plus the implicit file
winzip.exe used by wzzip.  But there's no reason all three files can't
be in different directories, as long as you tell Windows, SAS, or
WinZIP, whichever needs to know, where to find them.

Incidentally, you should use filename zipit as an infile, not a file, so
you can read the messages from wzzip.  Here's an example:

=====
15   filename zipit pipe 'd:\winzip\wzzip h:\pn.zip c:\boot.ini';
16
17   data _null_;
18        infile zipit;
19        input;
20        put _infile_;
21   run;

NOTE: The infile ZIPIT is:
      Unnamed Pipe Access Device,
      PROCESS=d:\winzip\wzzip h:\pn.zip c:\boot.ini,
      RECFM=V,LRECL=256

WinZip(R) Command Line Support Add-On Version 1.1 SR-1 (Build 6224)
Copyright (c) WinZip Computing, Inc. 1991-2004 - All Rights Reserved

updating boot.ini
updating Zip file h:\pn.zip
Stderr output:
Searching...            ...   ..  ...   .
NOTE: 5 records were read from the infile ZIPIT.
      The minimum record length was 0.
      The maximum record length was 68.
=====

--
JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com
Manager, Technical Development

Coelum, non animum mutant, qui trans mare currunt.

>>> "Santosh Kothamasu" <santosh991@YAHOO.COM> 12/31/04 9:03 AM >>>
modifying my earlier message.

Wishing you all a happy new year.

I have been trying to zip files thru SAS. We use Windows 2000 Server.
After refering posts in this group, I got the Winzip command line add on
installed. I am running this code and getting some errors:
filename zipit pipe '"c:\program files\winzip\wzzip" -a f:\pn.zip
f:\pn.ftp';
data _null_;
     file zipit;
     put 'The will zip the files';
run;

The log is presented below.
How do I accomodate UNC paths in SAS?
Also, can the file be in different folder than the wzzip?
Any ideas?

NOTE: The file ZIPIT is:
      Unnamed Pipe Access Device,
      PROCESS="c:\program files\winzip\wzzip" -a f:\pn.zip f:\pn.ftp,
      RECFM=V,LRECL=256

Stderr output:
CMD.EXE was started with '\\abcd\efgh\asdf\user\personal' as the current
directory path.  UNC paths are not supported.  Defaulting to Windows
directory.
'c:\program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NOTE: 1 record was written to the file ZIPIT.
      The minimum record length was 22.
      The maximum record length was 22.

"MMS <firsthealth.com>" made the following annotations.
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use
of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.
reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.
Thank you.