List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Want to reduce the size of a report
From:       "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" <nospam () HOWLES ! COM>
Date:       2004-12-31 21:16:58

Details (specifically, the exact HTML code, and the browser in use) matter.
I presume that you are generating a table in HTML. Most browsers will wrap
text within a cell to make a table narrower in order to avoid horizontal
scrolling. I would wonder why that's not happening.

Having said that, it sounds like a user education problem. Excel is a
better tool than any current web browser for viewing tables. If your old
report is correct, stick with it and teach the user how to hide columns in
Excel.