List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Polytomous Regression
From:       "Mr. J. Simakani" <Simakani.acd.UTT.UTR () GETAFIX ! UTR ! AC ! ZA>
Date:       2001-02-26 14:38:33

Dear David & Kevin,

I would suggest the following books for any beginner in Polytomous
regression ( Multinomial Logit  & Cumulative logit
modelling) :

1. De Maris,A.(1992): Logit Modelling. Sage Publications.

2. Liao,T.F.(1994): Interpreting Probability models: Logit, Probit,
   and Generalized Linear Models. Sage publication no: 101.

Ref. no 1 has SAS code for those interested in the SAS applications
software.

Yours sincerely,

June E. Simakani, MSc, GradDip(Stats), DTE, CDip(Acc & Fin), CStat
Department of Statistics
University of Transkei
Private Bag X1, Unitra
Umtata 5117, South Africa

David,

 You might try Applied Regression Analysis and Multivariable Methods
by David G. Kleinbaum.  His books target a broad audience and are an easy
entry into regression.  I believe there is an entire chapter devoted to
Polytomous regression.  This is the Amazon.com link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0534209106/qid=983196406/sr=1-5/ref=s
c_b_5/103-8274628-6907869

Kevin

Subject: Polytomous Regression

Does anyone know of a good stats book or article that
describes polytomous regression.  I only need the basics,
i.e., how to paramterize the model and interpret the
regression coefficients.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
David