List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Exporting SAS datasets - How?
From:       Peter Crawford <Peter () CRAWFORDSOFTWARE ! DEMON ! CO ! UK>
Date:       1997-11-30 18:38:10

In article <19971129201301.PAA02760@ladder01.news.aol.com>, Xlr82sas
<xlr82sas@aol.com> writes
>You do not need the SAS-ODBC to move SAS datasets two and from any ODBC
>compliant application.
>

>If you install the free PERL language and  the free Win32:ODBC, and   use the
>free SAS utilities on the CompuCraft web page you will be able to move data
>back and forth between ODBC compliant apps.
>
>Note also that SYBPERL ( Driver for Sybase)  amd ORAPERL are also available.
>Roger J DeAngelis
>CompuCraft Inc
>XLR82SAS@aol.com ( Accelerate to SAS )
>http://members.aol.com/xlr82sas/utl.html

I'm a little surprised that no one has suggested the SAS Wizard for
exporting datasets. It can be started from menu bar - file/export
or by issuing command DEXPORT. It doesn't need variables to be selected.

One of the output formats available is CSV, another, TAB delimited.
When SAS/Access products have been licensed, forther formats are
offerred.

Does this not meet the needs of Pete St. Onge, who has to put some
thesis files into non-SAS format ?
--
Peter Crawford