List:       sas-l
Subject:    resource analysis problem
From:       Ben Conner <Ben () WEBWORLDINC ! COM>
Date:       1996-06-29 17:42:43

Hi,

I have a series of lines that get utilized and have a log file I can analyze
which tells me when a line was logged on and logged off.  I need to develop a
way to tell how many lines are in concurrent use and how many minutes the
concurrent use occurs.

I developed a -real- kludge of a program that does this but it is ugly and
horribly inefficient.  Assuming that this isn't the first time this type of
information has ever been needed, does anyone have a cleaner approach to this
type of problem?  (Cleaner: defined as anything except what I slapped together.
:) )

Thanks -very- much!

--Ben

+   Ben Conner                             ben@webworldinc.com             +
+   Web World, Inc.                        (714) 639-0595 voice            +
+   PO Box 6548-107                        (714) 744-4825 fax              +
+   Orange, Ca   92863                                                     +