List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: SAS AF Executable also some  Major SAS Gripes
From:       Alex Wolf <wolfam () WERPLE ! NET ! AU>
Date:       1996-06-29 13:39:38

When a user presses an Enter Key and as the TextEntry that has the focus, now executes.
so the user demanded that I enable the code under the field to also execute a popup
 list that is actually controlled by a command push button. This was ok - If you pressed Enter
for the initial first selection. The Textentries associated SCL Linked to the Popup List. The
intention was to use the command push button to repop the list as required.

The problem was SAS does not have a way to disable the Enter Key so the user found
it did something ! In the case when a user modified the text entry field and clicked the
command push button, the result is the textfield changed so it's code is executed first,
it links to the SCL code for the command push buttons SCL and then runs the Push
 buttons SCL a second time.

The point I am raising is that I have to resort to other means to ensure that what
happens for first use and consequent uses does not do the above problem. In the
SQLWindows Product, the CLICK, DOUBLECLICK, ENTERKEY events are
trapped and the program can easily cover possible cases !

The problems in OOP programming in SAS are that a lot more development
effort is still needed to bring SAS to a level where it is a complete GUI   development
solution.

Cheers
        Alex Wolf
SAS Consultant ( and other things )