List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    test long column for NULL in select
From:       Ralf Becker <RalfBecker () digitalROCK ! de>
Date:       2004-08-07 6:58:09

Hi all,

I need on special value in a long-column, which I can test in a query.

So far we used '' (empty string), but I know / tested MaxDB does not
allow a "long_column=''" or a "long_column LIKE ''" (as eg. MsSql allows).

So my last hope is to insert NULL in that column and test if the column
is NULL. But I cant find anything about it in the MaxDB documentation or
via google. Is there a IFNULL() function or something similar?

As always, any help appreaciated

Ralf