List:       sapdb-general
Subject:    odbc driver under *nix
From:       Arash Bijanzadeh <a.bijanzadeh () linuxiran ! org>
Date:       2004-08-07 6:58:33

"The use of the ODBC driver is currently not possible on platforms for which
the standard UNICODE type WCHAR_T with four bytes is defined."

I couldn't get the idea behind this statement in the docs. Does it means that
you can not use ODBC for connecting to the MaxDB system running on *nix?
Or that you can not connect with ODBC driver from a *nix environement? ( I
wonder how and why one should try to connect to db in *nix with M$ driver?)

Sorry for lots of questions, I am writing an essay on open databases, and
there is not enough technical reviews for the MaxDB on the net. What I coould
find is all pratical documents. I would be glad if someone could help me
finding resources.

Thans
Arash
--
Television has brought back murder into the home -- where it belongs.
					-- Alfred Hitchcock