List:       samba-vms
Subject:    RE: Connecting to \\SERVER\system by any user
From:       claude.marinier () dreo ! dnd ! ca (Marinier, M !  Claude, G ! )
Date:       2000-06-13 15:09:35

David,

In a previous message, you seemed to say that you had not tested for write
access to the un-authenticated share. It may be due to my limited under-
standing of English. Please clarify.

All along, I have been assuming that the un-authenticated share access
allows no more access than would be available through a local login (if it
were allowed). I am now not sure about this: you seem to be saying that
this gives you _more_ access that through a local login. Is this the case?

If you do get more access than through a local login, the smbd process for
that share (one process per share, right?) may not be running with your
identity but with the system UIC. Could this be the case?

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology Group    claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)    (613) 998-4901  FAX 998-2675