List:       samba-vms
Subject:    RE: Connecting to \\SERVER\system by any user
From:       David Taubner <DTaubner () exchange ! hsc ! mb ! ca>
Date:       2000-06-13 14:14:18

Peter - please read my post again - I don't believe you understand it.
Saying:

"VMS, like Unix and most other operating systems of any merit, has the
concept of file permissions.  The feature exists for a reason.  Use it." -

is simply rudeness.  As I indicated in my post, I *was* using the "concept
of file permissions".  All directories/files have mutually exclusive UICs,
limited privileges and access limitations and do not give ACL access to the
test user in my test scenario.

Nevertheless, I thank you for your advice.

David Taubner
Systems Administrator
Health Sciences Centre