List:       samba-vms
Subject:    Need Help
From:       <scheng () TEPPCO ! COM>
Date:       1998-12-15 22:27:39

I installed SAMBA for VMS on one of ours DEC Alpha system - PIGPEN, which
runs VMS V 7.1 and UCX  V4.2.
  The client is a PC which runs Window 95.  On the PC,  I used "net use"
command to map drive Z: to  PIGPEN\PUBLIC.
  I have no problem  seeing  or accessing   PIGPEN\PUBLIC from window
explore and from My Computer icon and
  select Z: drive.  But I couldn't get the PIGPEN (the SAMBA Server) listed
under Network Neighborhood.
 I was told that in order to make it work, I had to add the PIGPEN entry
with IP address in C;/windows/lmhost,
 and reboot the PC.  Which I did, but I still couldn't get the SAMBA Server
listed under Network Neighborhood.
 Do you have any suggestions ?  I am eager to hear from you.

 Thanks !!!

Shu Cheng