List:       samba-vms
Subject:    RE: Starting samba at boot time
From:       Eckart Meyer <meyer () ifn ! ing ! tu-bs ! de>
Date:       1998-12-15 13:27:48

| I'm having trouble starting samba out
| of the systartup_vms.com file at boot time.
|
| When I want to start samba by hand, I do :
|
| $ @sys$manager:ucx$startup
| $ @sys$startup:samba_startup
|
| and everything works fine.
|
| However, when I put the exact same commands
| in systartup_vms.com and the machine is rebooted,
| things are not as they should be. I have a running
| nmbd process, but I cannot access the shared drives
| on the server from a remote pc.

	Check if the UCX service SMBD is enabled. It should be automatically
	enabled then UCX starts (look into SAMBA_EXE:SMBD_SETUP_TCPIP.COM
	how this is done). If not, try "$ UCX ENABLE SERVICE SMBD" after
	samba_startup.com.

	Eckart

Eckart Meyer                                     Address:  Schleinitzstr.  22
Institute for Communications Technology                    38092 Braunschweig
Technical University of Braunschweig                                  Germany
                                                 Phone:      +49 531 391 2454
E-Mail:   meyer@ifn.ing.tu-bs.de                 FAX:        +49 531 391 5192