List:       samba-ntdom
Subject:    Re: NT/SAMBA/2k/NIS
From:       Pat <slu () firerun ! net>
Date:       2000-12-29 18:12:33

If you are going to use samba as the PDC and have Win2k clients you will
need to use samba 2.2  since 2.0.7  does not have the capability of
having a Win2k clients become a member of the domain.

As far as the NIS/smbpasswd I don't think there is a way around keeping
multiple password files.  You could have your users run a script at the
command prompt that changes the password in passwd then smbpasswd, and
have the NIS password database rebuild say every 5 min.   Just my 2
cents.

Patrick