List:       rxtx
Subject:    [Rxtx] Problem of RXTX 2.1 in IRIX:cannot map soname
From:       Q Ma <s0343497 () sms ! ed ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2004-07-20 11:16:05

Hi, there

I want to use RXTX in IRIX for my java program to read stream from COM1/2.
I download the package: rxtx-2.1-7pre17-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz,
which contain RXTXcomm.jar file and five share library .so file.
and set up all variants: CLASSPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and even
-Djava.library.path option.
There is no problem for javac compile now.
However, when I run the program, there is error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/people/qi/rxtx/librxtxSerial.so:
260309:java: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname
'/usr/people/qi/rxtx/librxtxSerial.so' under any of the filenames
/usr/people/qi/rxtx/librxtxSerial.so  thrown while loading
gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/people/qi/rxtx/librxtxSerial.so: 260309:java: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot
Successfully map soname '/usr/people/qi/rxtx/librxtxSerial.so' under any of the
filenames /usr/people/qi/rxtx/librxtxSerial.so
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1469)
        at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:83)
        at Controllor.<init>(Controllor.java:91)
        at Controllor.main(Controllor.java:320)

The JDK I use is 1.4.

I don't know what the problem is, can anyone give some ideas?
Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Richard