List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: ruby incredibly slow (update 2)
From:       Bob Hutchison <hutch () recursive ! ca>
Date:       2007-11-19 12:22:29

On 16-Nov-07, at 10:45 PM, Ron Jeffries wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:51:51 -0500, Bob Hutchison <hutch@recursive.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> In fact, can you create a brand new user on your machine, log in as
>> that user, and try it from there?
>
> Interesting. I'm hoping to get some time tomorrow to play with this,
> and I might add that to the list of things to try.

Did you get a chance to try this? If not you might want to. It has a
chance of partitioning the possible solution space between the
configuration of your machine and the configuration of your login. My
experience with windows is that either can be a problem in very
interesting ways.

Cheers,
Bob

----