List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: ANN: Free-form-operators patch
From:       "Jason Voegele" <jason () jvoegele ! com>
Date:       2004-10-08 19:17:13

Markus said:
> On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 11:44, gabriele renzi wrote:
>> I like the idea of free form operators and actually I'd like even
>> prefix  freeform ops, if this patch allow them :)
>
> Not yet.  I can see how to do it, but haven't quite finished thinking
> through the details.  I'd also like to have some way to control the
> precedence/associativity/arity, but I haven't figured out a way to do it
> that I'm sure could be made consistent.

FYI, Eiffel has user-defined prefix and infix operators.  The language
rule is that all user-defined operators have a higher precedence than
built-in operators.  The built-in operators follow typical precedence
rules.

--
Jason Voegele
"There is an essential core at the center of each man and woman that