Markus said: > On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 11:44, gabriele renzi wrote: >> I like the idea of free form operators and actually I'd like even >> prefix freeform ops, if this patch allow them :) > > Not yet. I can see how to do it, but haven't quite finished thinking > through the details. I'd also like to have some way to control the > precedence/associativity/arity, but I haven't figured out a way to do it > that I'm sure could be made consistent. FYI, Eiffel has user-defined prefix and infix operators. The language rule is that all user-defined operators have a higher precedence than built-in operators. The built-in operators follow typical precedence rules. -- Jason Voegele "There is an essential core at the center of each man and woman that remains unaltered no matter how life's externals may be transformed or recombined. But it's smaller than we think." -- Gene Wolfe, The Book of the Long Sun