List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: [ANN] Non-standard library project
From:       Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair () soyabean ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-06-14 14:32:37

On Monday, June 14, 2004, 8:03:38 PM, Martin wrote:

> Also, how does this play with your standard class extension package?

Completely different.  'extensions' adds methods to built-in classes.
It explicitly avoids stdlib classes.

nonstdlib would, I suspect, try not to modify stdlib classes too, I
think.  There would probably be times when doing so would make sense,
though.

The best way to describe the aim of this project, I suppose, is "to
complement the standard library".

Gavin