List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    FoX: removing widgets
From:       Yuri Leikind <y.leikind () sam-solutions ! net>
Date:       2004-05-18 13:47:25

Hello all,

When I need to delete some widget, I do it like this:

	parent_obj.removeChild(obj_to_remove)

and then create and recalc

But, though the object deleted does not belong anywhere in the hierarchy of GUI objects,
it still exists. I have a ObjectSpace.each_object() loop in my program iterating over some
of FXObjects, setting new font and text. Naturally, doing anything to a removed object
causes  error "This FXLabel (or FXWindow, or ...) * already released".

So, I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to find out whether the object has already been released?
2) What else must be done to the FoX object that we want to delete, besides
		parent_obj.removeChild(obj_to_remove)

--
Best regards,
Yuri Leikind