List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Fox --> GTK  ?
Date:       2004-04-20 19:47:18

Hello Hal,

HF> I was discussing this with someone last night. A notebook is
HF> inappropriate because the underlying metaphor is a bunch of small notes
HF> on a bulletin board.

Is this so different from a mailreader ?

I like the 3-pane-view and tink that with a lot of notes it could be
easier to use. If you spend some time with keyboard handling i guess
that it is also much better to use even if it is not so nice. But
always move windows to see that i didn't miss something that is hidden
behind a window or so seems to be much harder then a typing a few
keystrokes. And if you want a open a second window to see two notes at
the same time, you could simply open a toplevel window as an owner
that only shows the specified message.

--
Best regards,