List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Need examples comparing Ruby to Python
From:       Mark Hubbart <discord () mac ! com>
Date:       2004-02-24 21:20:55

On Feb 23, 2004, at 6:57 AM, Emmanuel Touzery wrote:
> the ruby code could be simplified:

I'm getting into this a little late, but...
This takes care of it nicely, and looks pretty good:

file, length, name, title = line.chomp.squeeze.split(" | ")

And, assuming "songs" is an array:
songs << Song.new(file, length, name, title)

It's difficult to simplify the ("m:ss" => sec) time conversion (while
still having it be readable) so I'll just leave that one alone, thank
you. :)

--Mark