List:       rrd-users
Subject:    [rrd-users] rrdtool lastupdate, DERIVE, COUNTER
From:       Justin Carroll <justcarroll () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-16 17:01:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

After some frustration I noticed that the rrdtool lastupdate returns the
last value that was updated to the specific rrd file.  I know may people are
saying "yea duh."  Never the less it took a while for me to understand that
in a rrd with a data source of type DERIVE this didn't mean the last value
that was stored in the rrd, it was the last value given to the rrd.

Is there a way to easily get the last value that was stored in the rrd? or
do I just need to fish it out of the data returned from a rrdtool fetch?

Also, is there an explanation anywhere for the information returned from an
rrdtool info query?

If I am wrong with any of this please let me know.

Justin