List:       rrd-users
Subject:    Re: [rrd-users] RRD::update failing on first update every time?
From:       Jo Rhett <jrhett () netconsonance ! com>
Date:       2010-09-16 16:39:37

On Sep 15, 2010, at 9:52 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:
> Assuming you meant RRDs::last(), because it returns an irrelevant number.  Try it.  \
> You'll find yourself missing every other few updates because ::last() returns the \
> last update time of the file, and not the last timestamp value stored in the file.

Hm.  Some testing confirms that this problem is no longer occurring.   I wrote the \
getLatestTimestamp routine about 8 years ago due to problems with last() at the time, \
and had always re-used it since then.  I should have re-tested this before sending \
the above message -- my bad.

--
Jo Rhett
Net Consonance : consonant endings by net philanthropy, open source and other \