List:       rockbox
Subject:    *Systen files missing* problem
From:       "Roger" <dodgy-curry () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2012-01-09 16:29:38

Hello all,

Rockbox 3.10 runs fine on my old iriver H10 5GB Pure.

However, when I install it on my other iriver, an H10 6GB, i keep getting
*System files missing.
I bought this player s/hand on ebay and it works OK on the iriver firmware.
I have now reformatted the HDD several times and then run the iriver
recovery tool (both UK & US versions) but when I then install Rockbox  I get
the *System files missing message.

I presume it's in UMS mode ok as I get the *USB connected* blue arrow on yhe
screen, and I can drag and drop files onto it alright.

What can I do?

Another thought...
Is it perhaps possible to install Rockbox as a standalone, without the
underlying iricer os?

Rog (VIP)