List:       redhat-list
Subject:    ftp question
From:       Ed Alexander esalexa () home ! com
Date:       1999-07-18 12:02:59

If you have tcp_wrappers installed (default for RH, I
believe), you should be able to modify your hosts.allow and
hosts.deny files to do what you want.  I have mine set up as
follows:

# /etc/hosts.allow:
ALL:    127.0.0.1 \
        192.168.1.1 \
        192.168.1.2 \
        192.168.1.3 \
        192.168.1.4 : spawn (echo "Access from %u %h using
%d."|sendmail root)

# /etc/hosts.deny:
ALL: ALL: spawn (echo "Access Denied from %u@%h using %d."
|sendmail root)

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Ed

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 15:22:28, John wrote:
> How can I get emailed when someone logs onto my ftp
server?