List:       redhat-list
Subject:    RE: Exchange server
From:       "Furnish, Trever G" <TGFurnish () herff-jones ! com>
Date:       2003-08-27 18:44:56

Odd - in my experience OWA has been an extremely fast web mail system,
especially by comparison to most imap-based webmail systems, very few of
which take advantage of persistent imap connections.  I think you probably
have room for tuning there...

But the real reason I wanted to chime in was to mention that if all you want
is an email client, then any imap or pop client will connect happily to a MS
Exchange server, provided those services are enabled by the Exchange admin.

Most mail clients these days also will do LDAP lookups against an Exchange
GAL if LDAP is enabled on the server.  Mozilla is currently one of my
favorites as an IMAP/LDAP client.