List:       redhat-list
Subject:    RE: What backup solution for direct-attach?
From:       "Furnish, Trever G" <TGFurnish () herff-jones ! com>
Date:       2003-08-27 18:39:38

Thanks, all who responded, but I'm still looking for info on tape drives.
Situation is that the server is in a data center with a tape librarian (yep,
a person, not a mechanical arm) who rotates tapes offsite every night and
keeps a month's worth of backups.  The only reason I'm not backing this
system up using HP Omniback with a library connected to an hp9000 is that it
will sit outside the firewall and I don't want to handle that traffic on the
firewall.

So... I'm still looking for any opinions on direct-attach scsi tape drives
that are compatible with redhat.  Thanks for the advice to avoid Travan,
btw.

Anyone doing backups to tape on a regular basis?  What do you use?

--
Trever