List:       redhat-list
Subject:    KDE Performance
From:       Tom Smith <tom () openadventures ! org>
Date:       2003-05-15 4:30:53

I'm running RedHat 9.0 with the included version of KDE on a P-II 300
with 190 MB of RAM.

I haven't been able to improve KDE's performance compared to other distros.

For my system, simply turning it on and logging into KDE comsumes over
160 MB of RAM--and that's with the minimal number of services running
(no Apache, MySQL, etc.).

Can anyone offer suggestions for improving its performance?