List:       redhat-devel
Subject:    Re: really ughly fonts in XFree
From:       jfm2 () club-internet ! fr
Date:       1998-11-28 8:42:21

Yes.  gsX11AlphaDevice is used when you use the option -antialias.
gsX11 is when you don't use this options.

You could use a shell alias of course but then you would find that
when fired from the window manager menus or from a GUI a la Gnome/KDE
your display is still ugly.  Therefore the simpler is to modify the
resource file.

However support of x11alpha is buggy with ghostscript 3.  You need
ghostscript 4.  All redhat versions before 5.2 shipped ghostscript 3.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org