List:       redhat-devel
Subject:    Kickstart problems on a Mitsumi CD
From:       Anthony Joseph Seward <seward () hplyot ! obspm ! fr>
Date:       1998-11-28 18:03:17

I'm having problems getting a kickstart install to work on my PC and any help would \
be apreciated.

I first went through the interactive install in order to test the hardware.  I then \
ran 'mkkickstart' to get a starting ks.cfg.  After editing the IP address, DNS \
address etc., I copied ks.cfg to the RH 5.2 install floppy and rebootet.  The \
kickstart install gets to the through the keymap stuff (I can see this on console 3) \
and then runs into trouble.

On the main console an error message is printed stating that a SIG 11 was received \
and then the kernel shuts down.

The last several messages on console 3 involve a check for SCSI devices.  Since there \
are none, none are found.

I have tried both 'device cdrom mcdx' and 'device cdrom mcd' in addition to not \
giving a 'device cdrom' line, but to no avail.  When I did the interactive install I \
had to choose 'Mitsumi other' (I think that was the text) for the CD driver.

Below is the start of my [edited] ks.cfg:

lang en
# __ The following is the configuration for [the PC name]
[the network stuff is on one line]
network --static --ip [my IP] --netmask 255.255.0.0 --gateway [the GW IP]
--nameserver [the NS IP]
cdrom
device ethernet 3c509
keyboard us
zerombr
# __ Clear all of the partitions
clearpart --all
part swap --size 16
part / --size 100 --grow
install
mouse ps/2 --emulthree --device /dev/ttyS0
timezone --utc US/Mountain
rootpw --iscrypted [encrypted root pw]
lilo
%packages