List:       redhat-devel
Subject:    Re: AfterStep 1.0 has been out for a while...
From:       "James L. McGill" <fishbowl () fotd ! netcomi ! com>
Date:       1997-06-12 9:01:35

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Elliot Lee wrote:

>On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Simon Karpen wrote:

>It has a cool desktop, and even sounds :) Minimum display is 1024x768
>16bpp, though - AfterStep sucks royally on anything less than 16bpp.

Oh come now!  You can configure afterstep to look and work well
in MONOCHROME if you want.  It's just that there is no default
distribution of a decent config.

I use AS regularly in 1280x1024x8 without problems.  (A 4M Video card
has just never come my way).

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl@conservatory.com>   ]---l-i-v-i-n-g
d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[     http://www.conservatory.com/      ]-----l-i-g-h-t