List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: Logging activity?
From:       Jerry Whitteridge <Jerry.Whitteridge () IBM ! COM>
Date:       2020-05-26 16:12:44

Lionel

I've taken a 2 step process to address this issue in the past.

1) On entry to the ISPF dialog log ID and access time to a "Log Dataset" of
your choice
2) Run DAF from the CBT tape against the SMF data to identify all action
against the relevant datasets.

I know of no way to capture the ACTUAL updates that happen without a
product.

Jerry Whitteridge
Delivery Manager / Mainframe Architect
GTS - Safeway Account
602 527 4871 Mobile
jerry.whitteridge@ibm.com

IBM Services

RACF Discussion List <RACF-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on 05/24/2020 02:17:17
AM:

> From: Lionel Dyck <lbdyck@GMAIL.COM>
> To: RACF-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
> Date: 05/24/2020 02:17 AM
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Logging activity?
> Sent by: RACF Discussion List <RACF-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>
> I'm open to a better way - I am ok with unrelated data during this period
of
> time.
>
> The reason is the application has privileges to update datasets on the
> system and I'd like to be able to log when this occurs and since the
updates
> may be done using native ispf services (edit from a dslist) it may not be
> possible in all situations to identify those updates from the dialog.
>

> Lionel B. Dyck <sdg><
> Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> u=https-3A__www.lbdsoftware.com&d=DwIFAw&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=0avyVTgpzBFlo1QAgHxCtqKtRE6Ldl_1M9tI2p7Kc8E&m=q8pzRBluFG5wlfUhdLy4UWaiNO2KTSiysYgJPw8tBQ0&s=no57hulr3R45_imtUNqGgyd8DwdxvuyAwAcgRDZhM_g&e=

> "Worry more about your character than your reputation.  Character is what
> you are, reputation merely what others think you are." - John Wooden

Binyamin
> Dissen
> Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2020 2:20 AM
> To: RACF-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
> Subject: Re: Logging activity?
>
> Curious as the business case for this. Might be better ways to accomplish
> what you want.
>
> On Fri, 22 May 2020 13:38:58 -0500 Lionel Dyck <lbdyck@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> > > Is there a racf command, or a control block, that can be updated to log
> the :>activity of a user (e.g. commands/programs used, datasets accessed
> (and :>how), etc.)?
>
> > > I'd like to be able to initiate logging when a user starts a specific
ISPF
> > > dialog and then turn it off when they leave it. If they go into split
> screen :>or stack the application that's fine by me. Just need the
logging
> for that :>time frame.
>
> So you are OK with unrelated data?
>
> --
> Binyamin Dissen <bdissen@dissensoftware.com> https://
> urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> u=http-3A__www.dissensoftware.com&d=DwIFAw&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=0avyVTgpzBFlo1QAgHxCtqKtRE6Ldl_1M9tI2p7Kc8E&m=q8pzRBluFG5wlfUhdLy4UWaiNO2KTSiysYgJPw8tBQ0&s=G3DKawIscqsdat12oFLu0RBA_BZFJkS50WqPJpQIHpg&e=